Join the crew
Posted by Justin Tomlinson . Aug 29.22
The contribution our Associates bring to our culture and clients is invaluable. Most have been with us for years, cared for and thought of as part of us, growing together. And simply put, we’re looking for more!
In my first weeks at HYPR, I’ve learnt how differently we think of ‘The Contractor’. Like most businesses in our sector, HYPR has a few of them, but we call them ‘Associates’ because it’s super-obvious that they really want to associate with us and vice versa. Brilliant minds all of them, they’re treated as equals who want flexibility to work when and how they want. It just works for everyone and we’re looking to bring more onboard right now.
The roles we’re looking for
We’re building a team of extraordinary people with shared values and a passionate commitment to deliver for our clients on product, tech and delivery. Join us on our journey, wherever you may be (even overseas)! – there’s a place here for you:
- Product Owners
- Design sprint experts, Growth Hackers
- HCD/CX/UX specialists
- Interface designers
- Delivery/Technical Leads who can lead teams by example
- Developers, Full stack polyglots and Front/Backend-focused Engineers
- Data Engineers, AI Specialists and Machine Learning Engineers
- DevOps, automation, pipeline and cloud IaaS Engineers
The traits and attitudes we love
When I look at our team, I see wonderfully diverse, relentlessly curious empaths and well-rounded global citizens – people with high personal standards of behaviour who can put their egos aside, who want to do the right things, who want to share, teach and learn.
As well as those more personal characteristics, we think about what matters most in how we deliver for clients. I think it’s these:
- Customer-obsessed and data-driven. Product and customer value is the way we work
- Insight-hungry and visualisation-friendly
- Familiar with continuous discovery and continuous delivery ethos – short cycle time iterations that enable companies to build the right thing and build the thing right
- Growth hacking mentality, entrepreneurial startup thinkers who get things done
- Human centred, design-friendly and happy with experimenting, prototyping and sorting value signals from noise
- Past the ‘A-word’ – being Agile is just how you are with the mindset and experience to show it
And for the more technical roles:
- Cloud-native, micro services and infrastructure as code are the norm
- Datamesh and event-driven friendly with a focus on insight and business improvement
- Tool and technology agnostic polyglots, business problem solvers who use just enough of the right technology
- Experts in test-driven and highly-automated delivery engines
If you think those things make sense to you, describe you, then here’s what we aspire it might mean for you…
The best place you ever worked…
We’re trying to make HYPR ‘the best place you’ve ever worked’. So we promise:
- You’ll feel like you belong. We’ll have your back
- You’ll be part of a team, not an individual farmed out to a client
- You’ll like the gigs we win (always worthwhile!)
- You’ll choose how and when you work. We’ve always worked flexibly
- You’ll learn so much from us… and we want to learn from you
- You’ll be invited to all the good things we do to grow our culture – HYPR Days, Worker Bees, social events and more
So what next? And what are you signing up for?
First up, I’d love to hear from you. Please email your résumé using the link below if you’d like to consider becoming a HYPR Associate.
We’ll acknowledge receipt, consider it carefully and respond in quick time. If the fit looks good, we’ll call to arrange further conversations, including with me and other members of the team.
If those work out well for all of us, then we’d ask your permission to add you to our Associates pool. And when you begin working with us, you’ll be invited to our HYPR Days and Worker Bees. As I promised, we’ll always have your back and we’ll strive to find interesting client engagements for you. Have a browse through our website to see where we’re coming from.
A three-point agenda for 2022. And beyond
Posted by Ajay Blackshah . Feb 14.22
What’s your strategic intent for the year ahead? Is it right? Will you deliver on it? Or will you be buried in too much work… again! We were recently inspired by a client who laid their plan out for 2022 and we thought it might inspire you too.> Read
Subscribe to our digital magazine
Signing up for an Emergent VIP subscription also gets you that annoying validation email that helps prove you’re a human with a real email address. If you’re angsty about that because you don’t want to be bombarded by newsletter nonsense, here’s a promise... We’ll email you:
- Twice a year to give you access to the Magazine
- Twice a year with priority invitations to events (48hrs ahead of any public offering)
- No more than three emails telling you of early-bird availability on the best Agile training in New Zealand. Your VIP sub entitles you to 10% off courses at any time, but 20% off in conjunction with the early-bird booking discount
And, of course, if you don’t like what you get, you can always unsubscribe. But please, subscribe first…