Intermediate Software Engineer (Full-time)
Posted by Catherine Collins . Nov 07.22
Salary $110-$140k, remote/work from home We’re looking for outstanding Intermediate Software Engineers to work on the exceptional client engagements we continue to win. You’ll work alongside our world-class technology teams on the most challenging and rewarding transformations. You’ll join a team of relentlessly curious empaths and well-rounded global citizens – people with high personal standards of behaviour, who put their egos aside and focus on doing the right things. We have a deep trust in each other and confidence that we can make a difference, together.
Purpose, challenge, variety, reward, growth
Along the way, we’ll learn lots from each other and we’ll help you grow as fast as you can go. We are a purpose-driven, values-led consulting practice that cares about diversity, pays well and ensures you get the right work-life balance. We’ve been working from home forever and you can too.
A picture of you
We’re looking for people who want to help us change the way our clients see and approach their challenges; people who want to own a problem and see it through to the end.
You’ll be a self-starter who doesn’t need someone else to tell you what needs to be done; you can look at what’s happening, see what’s needed, figure out how you fit, find your own place and make a valuable contribution.
Our people value collaboration, knowledge sharing and learning and so do you. Working in 'cross-functional' teams is natural for you because you understand why it matters.
You’ll be familiar with a wide variety of languages, technologies and approaches, their pros and cons, and when to apply them.
We’re especially interested in people who seek deeper levels of understanding; you know that ‘it works’ isn't a satisfactory end state – you want to know why it works; you want to challenge our own understanding and expose us to diversity of opinion, thinking and approach.
Your role – the headlines
- Understand client organisations, their challenges and their needs, both technical and non-technical
- Enable our clients to adapt to changing technology landscapes and environments, improve their product delivery and maintain relevance
- Explore up-and-coming technologies and opportunities
- Learn, experiment, teach
The experience and skills we're after
- Hands-on, best-of-breed software engineering, within autonomous, cross-functional delivery teams
- Experience in at least one ubiquitous programming language and polyglot tendencies
- Cloud, *aaS
- Infrastructure as code and CI/CD
- Comfortable with technical implementation to high-level architecture
- Mentoring, teaching and coaching
Stuff we regularly use today, but which will change...
- TypeScript, Node/npm, React and GraphQL
- Automated testing: TDD, integration and e2e
- Event-driven microservices, emergent architecture
- Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift
- Terraform, Ansible
- AWS, Azure
This is a flexible, remote position. You’ll need to travel occasionally to engagements and awesome HYPR get-togethers.
Curious? We'd love to hear from you
- Tour our website, read our playbooks and see how different we are
- Hit the Creds button below
- In the email, tell us why you think you might be a good fit for HYPR (<150 words)
- Attach your CV to the email
- Send... and we promise to reply in good time