Intermediate Software Engineer (Associate)
Posted by Catherine Collins . Nov 07.22
Negotiable from $110/hr, remote/work from home We’re looking for outstanding Intermediate Software Engineers to work on the exceptional client engagements we continue to win. You’ll work alongside our world-class technology teams on the most challenging and rewarding transformations. You’ll join a team of relentlessly curious empaths and well-rounded global citizens – people with high personal standards of behaviour, who put their egos aside and focus on doing the right things. We have a deep trust in each other and confidence that we can make a difference, together.
Purpose, challenge, variety, reward, growth
Along the way, we’ll learn lots from each other and we’ll help you grow as fast as you can go. We are a purpose-driven, values-led consulting practice that cares about diversity, pays well and ensures you get the right work-life balance. We’ve been working from home forever and you can too.
‘Associate’ contractor – what it means for you
Like most businesses in our sector, our team is a healthy mix of employees and people ‘who contract to us’. We call our contractors ‘Associates’ and they’re absolutely treated as equals. Most of our Associates have been with us for years and are as committed to us as we are to them. (Please note: This position is also currently advertised on Seek as a full-time role. If you'd prefer to apply for the full-time position, read about it here).
A picture of you
We’re looking for people who want to help us change the way our clients see and approach their challenges; people who want to own a problem and see it through to the end.
You’ll be a self-starter who doesn’t need someone else to tell you what needs to be done; you can look at what’s happening, see what’s needed, figure out how you fit, find your own place and make a valuable contribution.
Our people value collaboration, knowledge sharing and learning and so do you. Working in 'cross-functional' teams is natural for you because you understand why it matters.
You’ll be familiar with a wide variety of languages, technologies and approaches, their pros and cons, and when to apply them.
We’re especially interested in people who seek deeper levels of understanding; you know that ‘it works’ isn't a satisfactory end state – you want to know why it works; you want to challenge our own understanding and expose us to diversity of opinion, thinking and approach.
Your role – the headlines
- Understand client organisations, their challenges and their needs both technical and non-technical
- Enable our clients to adapt to changing technology landscapes and environments, improve their product delivery and maintain relevance
- Explore up-and-coming technologies and opportunities
- Learn, experiment, teach
The experience and skills we're after
- Hands-on, best-of-breed software engineering, within autonomous, cross-functional delivery teams
- Experience in at least one ubiquitous programming language and polyglot tendencies
- Cloud, *aaS
- Infrastructure as code and CI/CD
- Comfortable with technical implementation to high-level architecture
- Mentoring, teaching and coaching
Stuff we regularly use today, but which will change...
- TypeScript, Node/npm, React and GraphQL
- Automated testing: TDD, integration and e2e
- Event-driven microservices, emergent architecture
- Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift
- Terraform, Ansible
- AWS, Azure
This is a flexible, remote position. You’ll need to travel occasionally to engagements and awesome HYPR get-togethers.
Curious? We'd love to hear from you
- Tour our website, read our playbooks and see how different we are
- Hit the Creds button below
- In the email, tell us why you think you might be a good fit for HYPR (<150 words)
- Attach your CV to the email
- Send... and we promise to reply in good time